Edit: Going to finally start an overhaul on this (April 23rd, 2016); it's been six months since the last edit. I'm going to go from current back, so there's going to be a gap between this top, new stuff and what's below until I finish the update.
I'm just going to have the last six months all shoved together into one large update here. There's weak categorization, but basically just think of it as a huge list. In general, the newer items will be higher within a given category than the older items. I apologize if I left anything out which people would like to see included. Some things I considered more of a temporary update than something relevant months later, but just PM me and I'll add anything requested!
We're currently in a quiet low point. Nothing catastrophic is happening, but we are relatively weak. I call it "the best nadir" because if this is as bad as it gets, we're doing alright. The price is down to 4 satoshi now, which is the lowest sustained price since the beginning of the revival. I'm going on a year behind my original goal for releasing NYAN2, still stuck on a new build computer (alternately time and energy to cripple together a build system out of what I have available).
One major new element: I've set a goal for us to have a mission to visit the site of Apollo 17 in twenty years. This is basically a new dimension. For the first ten years, I envision this as a purely "paper program", doing research on past space programs, in particular Mercury through Apollo, but any and all launch platforms and spacecraft which have been done. We may additionally seek to gain additional education (for instance, I would like aerospace engineering and material science undergraduate degrees at a minimum; we also are going to need experienced test pilots). Space Program Initial Vision:
[NYAN 2035] We must send a mission to visit the site of the Apollo 17 plaque on the Moon
Also, I've replaced the previous "Nekonauts of the Month" competition with a "Who Wants to be a Nillionaire?"
. The major difference is that rather than relying upon me to track everything, the expectation is that Nekonauts will sign up and self-report accomplishments. Nyan Projects
[Hype] Browser based MMORPG accepting Nyancoins for member items
's latest foray into nyan video game development! I've seen an early preview and it reminds me of a primitive Runescape (meant as a compliment) Fun Posts Insert NyanDisk 1 into Drive A:
: NyanDOS! Nyan like it's 1999 ....
: telnet into nyan! [breaking news] Nyancoins will be bought out by Garza in a last-ditch attempt to save Paycoin
- April fool's post Trumpchain on Twitter: "It can happen. Our blockchain has tremendous potential. We have tremendous people. #MakeTheBlockchainGreatAgain"
- Terrific shitpost; really fantastic! Join the Nekonauts today!
- Cool nyan poster "I really hope Satoshi is finally dumping and declaring that, like, Nyancoin is the true bearer of his vision." - CountOneInterrupt
- My favorite idea ever Nyancoin Zen
- So cute. This may be my favorite nyan image ever for its understatement and beauty. High Definition Nyan up close
- Amusing Making PC more Nyan-Friendly!
- cute; amusing. Such nyan! Typical Nyancoiner breakfast.
is great with this stuff! [meta] [misadventures of coinaday] [Pizza Boy Adventures] Late Night Pizza
- Just a little choose-your-own-delivery I wrote during my stint as a pizza delivery boy. I don't know how I wasn't aware of this site before
- I still can't believe there's an entire site for this! Get NYAN Want more NYAN? Faucet Mrai and trade to me for NYAN (and then hodl!)
: What is says on the tin. The faucet is down temporarily at time of this writing, but it'll be back up before I update this section likely. The price offered there is low (mailing list mentioning 200-300 satoshi currently; my offer is worth about 2 satoshi currently); I would consider higher, but probably wouldn't pay those apparent market rates (no actual exchange yet). Force Multipliers
Content about the difference a determined person can make. Intended as inspiration. [Force Multiplier] [Original Content] [pdf; 23 pages] Archimedes and the Siege of Syracuse
- Previously unpublished paper I wrote for a history course in college. [Force Multipliers] [Military History] Julius Caesar's Greatest Military Victory (Video; 10 minutes)
- An explanation of achieving victory in an apparently unwinnable situation. [Force Multipliers] [Naval History] Korea: Admiral Yi - I: Keep Beating the Drum - Extra History
- Incredible loyalty and dedication from this greatest Admiral saved his country Philosophy
Content which fits the themes of fun, self-improvement, and service to others. Wikipedia essay: WikiLove
- I think Wikipedia's policies are in a lot of ways something to look up to. It's true that they're stuck in bureaucracy now, and have driven away many experts, but they function and their policies have helped to give some structure to the anarchy. [US history and macroeconomics] [59 minute video] Thom Hartmann, "The Crash of 2016"
- Interesting video. I think the predicted outcome is something of a longshot, but it's interesting to me that he called Sanders as a major factor in the election years ago. Taylor Mali, "Words and Their Consequences" (68 min video)
- Poetry and philosophy We Are One
- Didn't get any attention at the time, but this is a general statement about the power of people working together. A Message of Hope for the World
- What's the point of Nyancoins? To inspire people. A brief word on censorship
- tl;dr: Censorship is bad, m'kay? Who Owns Nyancoins?
- Hodlers. To The Moon is Not Enough: 100 Year Planning
- About the importance of an unlimited time horizon. We build to last. General
Catch-all category. Okay, this category got out of hand. I should do a second round later and break this out into a few different ones. The best argument I've heard so far for keeping the 1MB cap in Bitcoin
- I still think it would have been better for Bitcoin to grow, but this is the strongest argument for its stagnation in capacity that I've seen.
[conceptual design] How we should expect 100,000 transactions in a minute (or second?) to be handled
- This is about the idea that we should expect to be able to handle large loads without crashing. Pretty basic. Related to an /cryptocurrency
post I'd made: 100,000 Transactions Per Second: How Do We Get There?
, which gives a very high-level overview of one way to reach high throughput capacity using blockchains. Interesting cryptocurrency to try: raiblocks, protocol without transaction fees or block rewards
- I think Raiblocks will be a valuable "companion coin" to Nyancoins ultimately. I don't know how exactly that'll work, but I believe that good cryptocurrency communities should make alliances. If nothing else, we can be valuable to each other as the "loyal opposition", critics who want to see success. Coin-a-Year: Nyancoin : link to /CryptoCurrency post
- Summary of the first year or so of NYAN revival [far future concept] Nyanshares, Nythereumbits, and all-in on 37 rainbow
- A double post: first part describes a possible spin-off, hybrid, 'companion coin' we could make in future years. The second part talks about what a gamble NYAN is. NyanCoin compilation guide and downsizing nyan.space / NyanChain [semi-meta]
- Has a link to a guide for compiling nyancoind on servers. [meta] [misadventures of coinaday] Stuck in the Dihydrogen Monoxide
- Another in a series of coinaday posts proving "play stupid games; win stupid prizes" [Data] Faucet Stats
- KojoSlayer's faucet stats Thing to do a thing that can't do that thing....
- Bit of code for pulling BTC/NYAN feed from Cryptopia. Fresh builds, coming up!
- initial report from vmp32k on attempting to modernize the codebase DigiShield
- suggestion for different difficulty algorithm BIP101 implementation to be made available for altcoins
- prohashing announcing that they will have a Scrypt BIP101 implementation; this is planned to be our base for NYAN3 Year 1: Acquisition and Triage ; Year 2: Acquisition and Build
- Optimistic; in reality, year two of the revival has largely been me just trying to survive. Hopefully more acquisition and build as the year goes on. [technical] [financial] Price Stability and Consistent Hashing
- Basic theory. If we have consistent prices, we'll have more consistent hashing. [technical] [forking] [NYAN3] Should running old defaults be considered a vote against a hard fork or should the veto need to be explicit? / General voting discussion
- What it says on the tin. I haven't gotten feedback on this yet. It's far in the future, but I think it's a critical question. I'm not sure which way is correct. 2015 in review: overview
- Initial summary of the previous year; written before the Coin-a-Year post which did similar [meta] [finance] [misadventures of coinaday] Paying Debts
- Since writing this, I've gone further into debt. I need to get my personal finances together this year, for my own sake, for the sake of those I owe, and for the sake of Nyancoins. Countdown to the Second Halving
- The current block is 1168851 as I write this; we've got less than 350,000 more blocks until the third halving! I updated the major risks page for Nyancoins to include mention of the fork bug and 'time warp'. Please review and comment.
- bolded for visibility; I consider the risks document and making sure that we inform potential buyers as much as possible to be a critical requirement for us [technical] [security] Time warp, fork bug, disclosure policies, and practical results: a working system despite flaws
- Discussion of the success of Nyancoins as a working system despite its technical vulnerabilities. Zero Fees (*)
- Discussion of the role of zero fee transactions and why I consider them important [finance] [meta] [Misadventures of coinaday] overdrafts and consequences / Cryptopia 1sat Dump
- Discussion of my stupidity and its consequences on Nyancoins' financial health [technical] NIP 1: Base NYAN3 on XT
- I consider this critical. We will make a statement about not following the path Bitcoin is currently going down. This is not urgent for us because our activity is so low, but it will be part of building a strong foundation for the future. Hodling Update: 30%
- I haven't done the math recently. I'm probably within 5% of this, but I don't know if I've gone up or down. I haven't given away a whole lot, but I have put no new money into Nyancoins for months from being so broke. I've still gained some millions more from when my 5 satoshi bids got hit though. [finance] Up? Down? Horizontal? - Considering 30
- It's pretty sad how far we are from 30 satoshi now (4 satoshi at the moment). I believe we'll get it back ultimately, but the revival certainly hasn't had the financial success I'd hoped. Dice soft launch
- Not sure of the current state here. Check with KojoSlayer. State of the NYAN October 2015: An interlude for gratitude and yearning for more
- I should get back to doing these monthly eventually. Right now it's quiet enough that there doesn't seem to be a real need. [financial] NYAN vs DOGE as a long-term store of value
- What it says. I believe that the lower supply inflation and smaller supply of NYAN will ultimately lead to NYAN trading above DOGE (currently trading at less than 10:1). [finance] [stats] [gaming] Breaking the Bank: Risk-of-Ruin, Dice Games, and Basic Logic
- I'm pretty proud of this one. By having more money than god, and a screwed up default max bet rule, I was able to beat the house. 8-) 100M
- Talking about the remaining supply and the implications. I think I'm done with this update (at least getting the new content in; I have not changed the old text and content, which is everything below).
Since I can only have one thing stickied at a time, but there are a lot of different things going on, I've switched over to having one main link collection post. And this is it.
I'll update this periodically (I'll try to do a major update once a month) and might replace it at some point. It'll have general discussion of the context behind why these various threads are significant.
I'm doing August and September together for Nekonaut awards and updates here since I got a bit busy at work. NYAN2 is released as a first-draft, but I haven't built it yet (nor done final changes and fixes). I need a computer with more RAM than what I have available to me now. However, I'm quite satisfied with the performance of NYAN1.2, ancient though it may be, so I'm not treating it as an emergency.
The biggest news is that we are now listed on cryptopia.co.nz ! They are a great community and provide better ecosystem support than most exchanges: they include a pool and explorer along with the exchange. And their exchange has a lot of basepairs, with NYAN/BTC, NYAN/UNO, NYAN/DOGE, and NYAN/DOT being relatively active, NYAN/LTC being quiet, and the other two (popularcoin and feathercoin) being unfamiliar to me and generally unused.
Oh, also, when I've taken a look at it, the Nyanchain seems to be running smoothly. I haven't been watching too closely, but the status page is usually showing all green. I especially like seeing the high number of connections (generally close to 30). [Comment from July version; still accurate. I should get automated metrics on the Nyanchain someday, but in the meantime, it seems to be moving pretty smoothly anecdotally.]
Top stories from August and Septemberish
Nekonauts of the Months, August and September 2015 - Combined awards, three awards for 1M as a result, and such. Just check it out. :-)
New IRC channel and tipbot - This came about during the listing process; we are now at #nyan2
WE ARE LIVE! Cryptopia added us just now!! - Culmination of the process of getting listed on Cryptopia. After leading in user votes and DOT votes after the first couple days, the admins decided to add us. So as I count it, we won three votes. :-)
Looking good on Cryptopia so far - My early reaction to the exchange.
The past few days. - Repost of a classic, which is always a good idea in NYAN, given our rich archives.
Miners We Need YOU! - Brief discussion by KojoSlayer about the importance of miners to the Nyancoin ecosystem.
Nyancoind Dockerfile (for the tech-nyans) - Cool demo by vmp32k
Nyancat all up on your Vim command line. - Cool xpost from /vim.
[financial] I hit a positive balance on Cryptsy-NYAN again - I started buying on Cryptsy. I've since withdrawn from Cryptsy and am working on eliminating my balances there, but I've got a lot of altcoins to consolidate yet.
100M - A discussion of the remaining supply to be generated (now under 100 million more coins)
Top stories from July
Gitian Build Instructions - !!! This is exactly what I was trying to figure out. With this roadmap, we should be able to help others build *coins with gitian as well as provide a solid introduction to our own community members. This should be linked and submitted for feedback elsewhere; I should report back to the Litecoin thread with a link to this for discussion. I cannot overstate how important I find this contribution.
Nekonauts of the Month, July 2015 - Still going with this. I may not always get this perfect, but I hope that it will help add some motivation and recognition to the community who is building the next generation of Nyancoins.
Ɲyancoins for Nekonauts! [designs] - Some logos and concept art; a start by W7phone; we hope to see more of this type of thing!
[hypothetical] What would it take for us to be able to start our own Nyan exchanges? - tl;dr: Let's get setup on some decentralized exchanges!
Linux Nekonauts: Building nyancoind - I should get this in the sidebar somewhere. An excellent first post by gentlenyan !
Top stories from June
Nekonauts of the Month, June 2015 - Latest round of awards; I plan to keep doing this each month for as long as I can
[community] You are a leader of Nyancoins / Herding Cats: Leading Leaders; Leadership in a Decentralized Community - A discussion of the importance of you to the success of Nyancoins
vmp32k launches a beta of a faucet - When is this going live?
kojoslayer launches a faucet
Various post on mining being stuck - we are still a bit spotty, but it seems like it might be a bit better. We could use something more than just an instantaneous status page; if someone wants to make something which does statistical analysis of the performance of the nyanchain, that would be awesome.
Broke through the 40 satoshi ceiling, and Plagiarizing great speeches in history and claiming to have a community mandate: Coin-a-Day writes inspirational pap as we stand on the verge of breaking through the 50 satoshi ceiling and envisions the glorious future ahead - and rather more. The price dipped back down on Cryptsy since, but we had a nice rise for a while. I'm hoping that when we get an exchange we have confidence in, we'll see more buying again.
Warning: Cryptsy does not process large NYAN withdrawals - This is why I recommend not using Cryptsy; plus this
Top stories from May
First off: Ɲyancoins needs YOU! - This is a discussion of how all of us have something we can do for Nyancoins, and how improving your own life is absolutely one of those things.
Nekonauts of the Month, May 2015 - This is my first month running this competition. I'm looking to recognize people who are active and contributing to the community and to give them NYAN to help further whatever they'd like to do next.
The network is stable! - Thanks to a new miner, spydud22, we are showing all green on status!
Wow, very large chunk of NYAN at 40 satoshi (6 million) - The title is outdated; there's about double this volume now. [Edit: And now the title is accurate again.]
Initial notes and thoughts on the Nyancoins client update - I've identified the approximate version of Litecoin that Nyancoins is based on and looked at a diff. It looks reasonable and do-able. I haven't yet looked at the latest branch on which I'll apply these changes.
https://github.com/mathwizard1232/nyancoins/tree/nyancoins2 - first draft of NYAN2
(intentional duplication from top stories for July; I consider it that important): Gitian Build Instructions - !!! This is exactly what I was trying to figure out. With this roadmap, we should be able to help others build *coins with gitian as well as provide a solid introduction to our own community members. This should be linked and submitted for feedback elsewhere; I should report back to the Litecoin thread with a link to this for discussion. I cannot overstate how important I find this contribution.- earlier working notes
Cross-platform Gitian builds - Discussion about getting Gitian builds to work for Mac without access to a Mac.
Initial notes and thoughts on the Nyancoins client update - Right now I haven't had time to do much more on this, but I need to work on doing the Litecoin gitian build yet.
Gitian Build - jwflame's initial notes on trying the gitian build
Distributed Library Coin; stealing^Wrepurposing the ideas of others - Introducing the concept; basically a virtual lending library for the community; Learned Optimism is offered.
[DLC] Siege of Earth - Second post, offering Siege of Earth, a classic sci fi tale
[Idea] Minecraft NyanCoins - KojoSlayer is making a cool Minecraft Nyancoins faucet sort of thing (get Nyancoins for playing Minecraft).
[Sneak Peak] Nyancoin Minecraft Server - This project is moving forward quite quickly! See also /NyanCoinsMC for more information.
[Beta] Launch Nyancoins Minecraft Server : NyanCoinsMC - BOOM! I'm amazed at how quickly this has gotten setup. Go check it out!
Background / theory
Overview of major risks of buying Nyancoins - I've tried to collect every risk I could think of in this one place. This is important reading before investing.
Nyan's core principles and why they matter
draft one of Cold Storage 101: How to secure your coins for long-term hodling - I need to incorporate the suggestions still, but between the article and the comments, this is decent.
I will work harder: in which Coinaday reports for duty - My statement that this is going to a new level for me: I'm considering this my dream job now, rather than just my hobby. I'm dedicating myself to serving this community as best I can.
[community] You are a leader of Nyancoins / Herding Cats: Leading Leaders; Leadership in a Decentralized Community - This is a discussion of the importance of each individual, in particular you, to this revival.
A really good read about fiduciary duties in running an exchange - discussion of the responsibility one takes on in managing money for others
[rant] In response to "there is only BTC [and maybe LTC [and maybe DOGE]] AND DEFINITELY NOTHING ELSE MATTERS" - Possibly amusing rant.
My most worthless and most valuable coins: Comparing DIME and 42 - A discussion about interpreting spot price in context
[theory] Bitcoin discussion of hard forks - Talking about the risks involved with a hard fork
Rooting for LTC's Rally to Hold: Nyancoins and the Cryptocurrency Market - Nyancoins do not stand alone. Although it's easy to see the rise of another cryptocurrency as weakening us, because we might trade lower against them temporarily, I believe that a stronger CryptoCurrency market as a whole will be important for our long-term health.
[financial] Cryptocurrency valuation models: Considering Nyancoins as a zero-coupon bond against the community
Why Nyancoin will hit $1/NYAN (and much more). We're going to space, and you're invited! - This is an infamous post by americanpegasus. I believe it was actually someone mocking him in /bitcoin by linking to this which first made me aware that Nyancoins existed, and got the idea in my head that it was a deadcoin (from seeing a post/comments on the sub at the time which claimed that). So the dream of this post was actually so bold that it brought it back from the grave, because it was bold enough to be mocked, and that mockery eventually led me to investigate it, and that investigation led me to fall in love.
1Ɲ >= 1Đ - This is a vision I have, that we shall rise above DOGE. This is not a dig against DOGE but merely a statement about the growth I expect to see us have. There are about 500x as many Dogecoins as there are Nyancoins, so even if we remain significantly smaller we can easily pass their unit price. We've done so briefly previously but are currently below this mark.
We choose to go to the Moon - This is my manifesto about why I am doing this. Cribbed from JFK's moon speech, it is meant to express that it is because of, not in spite of, the challenges that we face that I am here. This started out as a personal challenge. While I certainly would like to get rich off of this, the reason I chose to pursue this is because if we do then, then we're awesome badasses that people can be impressed by.
The original Nyancoins intro video - wasn't really sure where to categorize this
I'll move stories down here as they get older. For now it's the block stoppage stuff as that seems to have stabilized.
Holy shit, 22 hours since the last block. At this rate, I'm going to have to start solving hashes by hand... - This was my post about the block stoppage.
Difficulty has spiked again; if we hit another stall I'll try the transaction fee trick again - Another block stoppage, and a record of my attempt to use the same trick to break it loose again (transaction fee incentive).
I'm ready to give up on life; in which coinaday finally has his full-blown mental breakdown. So long, and thanks for all the rainbows! - My personal mental breakdown. Just listed here because it made an impact. Also, it was an amazing response from the community which meant a lot to me.
Fuck it; encore une fois - My reaction afterward, saying that I'll give things another shot.
Disregard the below: GFS has been down for a few months and probably won't be back. At one point, this project had been offered to me, and perhaps I should have taken it, but I felt like I was already heavily committed here and couldn't take that on as well. It's a shame that no one managed to keep it running though. I really liked the idea.
Disregard the below: it's back down again, last I checked. Not sure what to link on that. The new bot got mildly political again / referenced being a shadowbanned user, and bam. I'm not sure where this is going to go now, if anywhere. Although I suppose the on-blockchain stuff isn't affected, and I'd wager go1dfish will do something again.
/GetFairShare will be attempting another distribution today; go try it out! - GetFairShare is back! Go get free money!
I don't really understand what's going on, but apparently the bot used for /GetFairShare got banned - Some background on GFS having gone down
I think that this will continue to be useful as we gain a larger and larger volume of posts and help me not have to worry about burying something significant posted a couple weeks back or something.
Also, right now I'm just gleaning from the frontpage, but I'll add in some great classic posts too.
Let me know in the comments if there are other posts you'd like to see added here.
free bitcoin 10000 roll script free download. free bitcoin 1 btc script. free bitcoin 10000 roll. free bitcoin 100 payout. 1 free bitcoin per day. 91 <-kyecode kropki na numerycznej Znalezc urzadzenie: xinput ... BTC USD (Bitcoin / US Dollar) This is the most popular Bitcoin pair in the world. Bitcoin uses peer-to-peer technology to operate with no central authority or banks; managing transactions and the issuing of Bitcoins is carried out collectively by the network. Most Bitcoin Ponzi Schemes today appear in the form of cloud mining sites or coin doublers. These are sites that will promise you high-rates of return on your coins on a daily basis and will disappear with your money, after a while. How to avoid – Just use the Bitcoin Scam Test on this page before investing in anything. How to use BitCoin Faucet links For the person that doesn't want to mine Bitcoins, but wants to get some Bitcoins to play with, or donate, there is an option available called a Faucet . To take advantage of the faucets out there a person needs a couple of things. Contoh List Web FAUCET (Ditest pada 26 March 2016) : freebitcoins4u 100 satoshi per 15 menit. ... faucet-bitcoin 106 satoshi setiap 180 menit. ... Sistemnya ribet banget, ada Captcha dan Anti-Bot. Jawaban: Penyedia Faucet sering diserang oleh para hacker atau pengguna Bot, itu mengapa mereka menyediakan sistem berlapis dengan Captcha dan Anti ...
Faucet Bitcoin - Faucet bot http://faucethack.com/ Faucet Hack es el primer Software de ingeniería avanzada que te ayudará a generar gran cantidad de Satoshi de ... Published on Apr 25, 2016. ... Military Videos Recommended for you. 25:36. ... CoinCollector Bot V6 All Bitcoin faucets Automatically Claims fully automated - Duration: 5:16. Bitcoin Bot V2 (April 2016) Autocollect from Over 300 Faucets - Duration: 3:30. ... Bitcoin Typer 2.5 - A Free Bitcoin Faucet Bot - Duration: 4:04. Bitcoin Tpyer 27,726 views. Bitcoin faucet bot - Duration: 2:02. Bit Ltc Recommended for you. ... Bitcoin Bot V2 (April 2016) Autocollect from Over 300 Faucets - Duration: 3:30. Lukacs Flavian Recommended for you. Live Bitcoin Trading With DeriBot on Deribit DeriBot Backup 176 watching Live now new bitsler bot 100% working from 0.00000300btc to 15 btc in 10min - Duration: 10:01.